Whew. I was starting to think that it would never happen, but I’ve finally finished my razor cami. Things progressed much more quickly once I split for the front and the back, but they didn’t always go smoothly. Instead of knitting the straps flat, as indicated by the pattern, I decided to pick up 5 stitches on each side of the front to make I-cord straps. I started out by making each strap 12 inches long, and then I bobby-pinned the straps to the back and tried the cami on–way too long! I ripped back to 10 inches, and 8 inches–the same result. Finally, I settled on 6.25 inch straps. Then came the next hitch: I managed to lose my tapestry needles. Again. I swear that there must be some sort of black hole in my apartment where these things are all collecting, but a preliminary search didn’t bring any of them to light. I Kitchenered the first strap on using a bobby pin as a needle, but it was fairly frustrating–I’d have to wait another day to get proper needles at the LYS to finish up and weave in all the ends.
I’m fairly happy with how the project turned out, and I look forward to wearing it. The front and back seem to flare out a little, I think because the bamboo doesn’t have any memory, and I might end up doing a row of crochet across the top. Of course, that’ll require me to learn how to crochet, so it may or may not happen–I’ll have to see how the cami wears a couple times first before I do anything rash.